THE MASQUE OF THE EDWARDS OF ENGLAND. ; BEING A CORONATION PAGEANT TO CELEBRATE THE CROWNING OF THE KING. LONDON.
- (London, England: Essex House Press, 1902).
- Oblong folio
- Rebound by Jan Sobota in illustrated, four-color vellum, in marbled paper-covered boards slipcase.
- 45,  pages
Price: $6,000.00 other currencies
Order Nr. 137923
Limited to 320 copies, of whicht his is one of 300 numbered copies printed on paper. Essex House Press Bibliography, page 71. This particular copy has been rebound by Jan Sobota in full vellum with various inlays featuring the crowned King Edward VIII. The drawings are by Edith Harwood, and have been in part printed from stones by Messrs. Sprague & Co., and in part touched by hand...The Book is folio, printed in the 'Endeavour' type..., on grey O.W. paper, L3 3s. The subjects of the hand-colored illustrations respectively, are:
1) The Prolocutor and the veiled centuries flinging the seed into the lap of the little Twentieth Century.
2) The Crowning of Edward the Confessor.
3) The Crowning of Edward the First.
4) The Crowning of Edward the Second.
5) The Crowning of Edward the Third.
6) The Crowning of Edward the Fourth.
7) The Crowning of Edward the Fifth.
8) The Crowning of Edward the Sixth.
9) The Crowning of Edward the Seventh.
Written by C.R.Ashbee as a pageant for the time of the crowning of the king [Edward VII], and printed...at the Press of the Guild of Handicraft at Essex House.