LES PLUS BELLES RELIURES DE LA REUNION DES BIBLIOTHEQUES NATIONALES CATALOGUE DE L'EXPOSITION.
- Paris: Les Editions G. Van Oest, 1929.
- square 8vo.
- paper wrappers.
- xii, 84, (16) pages, 16 plates.
- Order Nr. 102701
- Price: $30.00 other currencies
A major exhibition catalogue featuring bindings through the nineteenth century. (Brenni no.532). The emphasis is on French 16th century bindings with a great deal of bibliographical and narrative details. Ownership inscription in pencil.
Felcone, Joseph J.
WINNER OF THE BIBLIOGRAPHICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA''S 2014 ST. LOUIS MERCANTILE LIBRARY PRIZE -- The first permanent printing office in New Jersey was established in 1754 by James Parker. Laws, proceedings of the assembly, and proclamations of the royal governors all came from Parker''s press, as did numerous works for the fledgling College of New Jersey (now Princeton University). Other printers soon saw opportunity in New Jersey, so that by 1800, forty-four individuals had been either proprietors or partners in printing offices spread across the state from Sussex County to Cumberland County. Printing in New Jersey contains full descriptions of...