CENTER FOR BOOK ARTS DISTRIBUTION BOOKS
Oak Knoll Press is now the exclusive distributor for the Center for Book Arts, New York City. Founded in 1974, The Center has published dozens of books in the field of Book Arts including: artists' books, poetry chapbooks, poetry broadsides, exhibition catalogs, as well as other publications.
Click here to view the new titles
Click here to learn more about The Center for Book Arts
THE FINE PRESS BOOK ASSOCIATION
Dear friend of fine books,
Now would be a good time for you to join the Fine Press Book Association. I myself have been a member for many years.
They have a twice-a-year magazine called Parenthesis that's all about handmade books, as well as a new website that makes it easy to find out what new books small presses have been making (not to mention you can read the gossip in the bookmaking world on their blog).
It's not even very expensive: $48 for a personal membership, $60 for an institution.
Just go to http://fpba.com and click on Join!
ILAB POSTS FREE RESOURCES ON WEBSITE
The International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) is pleased to announce that the following titles—A Dictionary of Abbreviations Commonly Used by German and Italian Antiquarian Booksellers and Auctioneers by Bernard M. Rosenthal and Dictionary of Terms and Expressions Commonly Used in the Antiquarian Booktrade in French, English, German, and Italian by Edgar Franco—are posted in full for free on the ILAB website. Useful for buyers and sellers, these books serve as great references for individuals in the antiquarian book trade.
Click here to read the full press release
Click here to visit ILAB's website
NEW TITLES FROM YALE UNIVERSITY
Late in the summer, Oak Knoll landed eleven newly acquired books to distribute for the Beinecke Library at Yale University. Now, we want you to enjoy these titles that the library has treasured for so many years.
Here is where we keep the new titles!
OAK KNOLL ON VIALIBRI.NET
We are proud to announce that Oak Knoll is now the exclusive sponsor of the viaLibri library search page. ViaLibri.net is the only book meta-search engine that caters specifically to collectors searching for bibliographical information about rare or antiquarian books, offering the following unique features:
- Includes important antiquarian bookselling sites that other meta-searches exclude, such as anikvariat.net, booksatpbfa and uniliber
- Search results are sorted starting with the most valuable books, guaranteeing that the search will not exclude rare or valuable books
- Users can specify dates as part of their search criteria
- Can search for a specific phrase, an option not offered by other meta-search sites
- A “Search Manager” function allows users to save search criteria for a later time
- Features a built-in translation function for book descriptions in the search results
- Users can continue searching until they have looked at all the matches available
ViaLibri is also the only meta-search site with a library search. The viaLibri library search page currently searches more than 70 library databases worldwide, and more databases are continually being added. This library search includes the following:
- Multi-national catalogues, including WorldCat, COPAC and Google books
- National union catalogues
- Libraries, including research and special collections libraries, national libraries and university libraries
The resources provided by viaLibri will help you find information about the title you are looking for, both in a library and for sale online.