17 issues. Various issues from Volume 1, No. 4 (1990) to Volume 5, No. 4 (1994). Full of color.
More On This Subject - -
> BOOK ILLUSTRATION, TWENTIETH CENTURY
> UNITED STATES
> PERIODICALS, TWENTIETH CENTURY
> GRAPHIC ARTS
> GRAPHIC DESIGN
Books of related interests - -
> CA, THE JOURNAL OF THE COMMUNICATION ARTS.
> PHOTO/ DESIGN FOR THE CREATIVE TEAM.
> HOW, IDEAS & TECHNIQUE IN GRAPHIC DESIGN.
> CMYK MAGAZINE.
by Munby, A.N.L.
This set comprises the best study done of Sir Thomas Phillipps, probably the world's best known collector. Comprising the following titles:
1. THE CATALOGUES OF MANUSCRIPTS & PRINTED BOOKS OF SIR THOMAS PHILLIPPS; THEIR COMPOSITION AND DISTRIBUTION. 1951.
2. THE FAMILY AFFAIRS OF SIR THOMAS PHILLIPPS. 1952.
3. THE FORMATION OF THE PHILLIPPS LIBRARY UP TO THE YEAR 1840. 1954.
4. THE FORMATION OF THE PHILLIPPS LIBRARY FROM 1841 TO 1872. 1956.
5. THE DISPERSAL OF THE PHILLIPPS LIBRARY. 1960.
The set has proven to be very difficult to assemble in its entirety, especially in dust jackets. Jacket of volume two is age darkened.